NIA Parent Education Services
NIA provides family education workshops to engage parents and family members in the educational lives of their children. The workshops provide families with information, resources, and materails to encourage learning support at home. All workshops invite family members to be active participants, and the facilitator works with the school's parent coordinator to provide information about how to become more involved in the school community. NIA also plans with parent coordinators to collaborate with members of the school community to provide translation services when possible.
The workshops give up-to-date quality information on positive parenting methods that really work. There are opportunities for parents to share their stories and hear other parents' perspectives as well as to gain an understanding about the principles and skills related to the workshop topic.
- Sample workshop topics include (but are not limited to):
- Helping Your Child with Homework
- Transition to School (a workshop for Pre-K families)
- Understanding Key Concepts in ELA (Grades K-2 or 3-5)
- Understanding Key Concepts in Math (Grades K-2 or 3-5)
- Enriching Summer Learning
For more information, call us at 718.236.5266 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.